Friday, January 25, 2013

Sauntering through the hollow

Surrendering to the nasty weather this morning, I was prepared to spend the entire day indoors. The rain stopped in the afternoon, however, and I decided to go for a walk, which soon turned into saunter. I left the dog in the house, and walked quietly and slowly around our trail. Sometimes you can see more by going slowly. I spent more time deliberately looking at the small and subtle things. For about 60 seconds of the walk I was treated to the sound of two Barred Owls calling to each other (see video below on Barred Owls).

It was just a simple walk, but it left me wandering in wonder.

Beech leaves wearing thin as the winter progresses

Moss reclaiming a beech stump

Hepatica leaves

Old sycamore and young beech

Grizzled wanderer


No comments: